AMADA WELD TECH, a Global company, is part of the Amada group and a market leader in developing, manufacturing, and servicing systems, products and components for Laser Welding, Laser Marking, Resistance Welding and Hot Bar Bonding. We design and manufacture precision micro joining products and systems for a wide range of industries. Our products and systems are typically low volume, high value, designed with the latest mechanical, electronic and electrical technology available, and range from standalone joining products to fully automated manufacturing solutions.
AMADA WELD TECH GmbH, located in Munich is currently looking for a
Product Manager - Laser Technology
who will be responsible for driving the sales growth of standard laser welding and laser marking products in Europe. As Product Manager you have responsibility from initial concept through development, market introduction, technical support, product life cycle, and end of life. This is a newly created position within our organisation.
- Support the sales teams with technical and application related information (video, telephone, email, joint customer visits, etc.)
- Define product strategy, including, target markets, segments, and ideal customer profiles for product lines. Release of new products to the market.
- Make product decisions with respect to time, features, resources, and quality to meet the business objectives.
- Calculate sales prices and margin, based on the cost price calculations from suppliers and affiliated companies (group companies) and communicate to the sales team.
- Supporting quotations for standard laser products.
- Create and manage pricing strategies including product, support and maintenance pricing.
- Drive the laser sales; actively following up on opportunities with the sales teams.
- Establish and promote European sales actions to increase laser product sales.
- Communicate with customers with regards to custom components on project-by-project basis.
- Maintain regular communication with our sales teams and provide high level sales support.
- Regular communication with our AMADA WELD TECH group companies regarding new applications and products.
- Report activities and performance on a monthly basis.
- Create go-to-market strategies and plans; develop clear product positioning. Monitor and report new Laser applications or product releases from competitors. Stay abreast of current market trends.
- Academic qualification in laser technology.
- Ability to demonstrate a firm understanding of the scientific principles of optics, fiber-optics, and lasers.
- Strong commercial drive, awareness and commitment are of particular importance to this role.
- Relevant work experience in similar high technology, focused product management.
- Knowledge of managing a product life cycle.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to influence others.
- Excellent presentation skills, both developing and delivering content at customers (engineers, operators, and senior business manager), tradeshows, conferences, and sales meetings.
- Ability to analyse and track the business to meet stated goals, proactively identifying when to make changes and/or develop creative alternatives and/or innovative product ideas to achieve goals.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent project management skills, ability to identify interdependencies, overcome obstacles and able to manage complex projects on time and deliver quality results.
- Willing to travel in Europe (40-50%)
- Preferably living in the Munich region
- Possibility for personal and professional development in a dynamic and international environment
- Interesting and challenging tasks in an open, motivated team
If you are interested in this position, please send an E-Mail with your full application in English to our HR Manager Astrid van Vliet at email@example.com